Tutorials?

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:05 AM

Hello,

I am trying to learn the basics of Silvermoon.  Are there any tutorials out there?  Basically, I'm trying to create a custom ListView and I'm having some difficulty trying to do some basic stuff (Set the selected background color, etc)

Also, is this project still being supported?  I really want to start learning WinMo programming, and this is the kind of plug in I think I'll use.

Anyways, thanks for any help!
Joel 

Apr 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Hi Joel,

I haven't really found any tutorials for Silvermoon specifically, but I've done some work with it and I would advise you to start developing without Silvermoon, as it adds complexity and is far from done. You will have to think of a lot of additional stuff (overrides, OpenGL, memory management, etc) when using Silvermoon as opposed to 'traditional' WinForms 6.5 Smart Device projects.

Regards,
Rajen 

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Hi Joel,

I concur with RajenK, I've been working on this framework for the last two months, building my own framework around it, and there are plenty of little bugs and little problems when you start developing with it, so that it's absolutely not suited for someone who just intends to begin with learning programming  on windows mobile.

Mallox

May 9, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I've been playing with this framework today, and I find it a bit difficult to get started. But I see the potential in using this framework to get an awesome touch-enabled UI. If people out there know how to program Silvermoon, they should get together and write a good tutorial to be posted on the project portal.

Regards, 
Eivind 

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM

tutorials are reeeeally necassary and one of the next things to be available.

and yes, the project is still being supported, even if windows mobile 7 is very great!

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:51 AM

thats good to hear! i really like some of the features of silvermoon and would love to see best practices on how to implement them. also, glad to see that development is continuing :) any info on new features or release dates?

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM

well, beta 3 is out now and the next release will not take so long.

in fact as I started to publish the source to codeplex tfs, you will see  small updates frequently.

there won't be much new features in new releases, except keyframes to build even more animation effects, binding functionality and MVC/MVP/MVVM pattern.

the rest will be bug fixes and some new controls and shapes.