Multiline in textbox

May 7, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure if Silvermoon is still being worked on or not, but has anyone worked out a way to implement multiline functionality in the textbox? I could do with this...

Thanks!

James

Coordinator
May 8, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Hello,

Silvermoon is still in development and beta 3 will include a lot of changes and improvements, including a MultilineTextbox as well as Pivot controls,Hub control, ItemView and more. There will also be PropertyAccessors which will enable Animation of properties as well as data binding. Controls will have states and the appearance is defined by VisualStateManagers which can be customized for either a single control or typed controls. Also, rendering will become faster.

May 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Sounds good- any vague eta for the next update? (i.e. we talking "couple of weeks" or "6 months"?)

Cheers!

James

May 14, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Hey Tom -

What about providing an early drop of the pre-Beta 3 code? I've made a number of fixes and modifications to the Silvermoon library, and would be happy to eliminate or port them based on the new codebase; having it be less-than-beta quality would be worth a peek to see what I can stop working on myself.

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 6:01 PM

well, a pre beta 3 release would not be appropriate.

It's current on an experimental state where features come and go.  But I'm now at a point where everything seems to work together so that I can soon release a beta 3.

And "soon" means propably within the next 2 weeks. This version will not have everything complete ,for instance the landscape support for the new windows phone 7 like toolbar (or any other toolbars) might not be included, and clipboard features  for textboxes might be subject to change.

May 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Thanks for the reply - will look forward to it :)

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Hey Tom. Is there any problem with RibbonWindow's SizeToContent property? by default width of window is 960 if we set the SizeToContent property to Height/Width/WidthAndHeight.

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM

You could release an Alpha version? Post some screen shots in the mean time?

Jun 23, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Hi, just wondered if there is any update yet? I'm hoping to give a test version of my app to some beta testers fairly soon, and silvermoon works great, but I really need a multiline text box for just one place- did anyone manage to edit the current one to add this functionality as a workaround? I've not looked into it myself yet to see if it's simple or not... heh

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM

beta 3 is coming this saturday. it has a multiline textbox and many many more....

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Thanks for the quick response, looking forward to it!