Thanks for the new version!

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I now have a couple of hundred errors in my build though, so some refactoring to do... :)

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM

sorry for the incompatibility, but all these changes where necassary for the new features.

That's also the reason why I didn't come up with any release before. There where so many steps between, and each internal build was mostly incompatible with the last one, so it wouldn't have made any sense to publish it.

but beta 3 is now a version which will remain compatible with new versions.

propably, no control will describe it's default style itself in new releases. this is going to be delegated to default styles. this means, if you're custimizing the appearance of a control, you should do this with a custom style rather than overriding the default values like CreateDefaultbackground etc.  These methods  are likely to become obsolete.

I think, the uses should decide, what style he or she prefers, so the developer shouldn't dictate any personal favorites. And the new Style/StyleDictionary classes allow this kind of customization.

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Yes, that all makes sense- I wasn't complaining btw, just going through your updated demo source to work out how to use all the new stuff. I had quite a few ListViews in my app, so I need to convert those... :)