How can I stop toolbar buttons from having a little circle around them...?

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:10 AM

I presume it's something to do with styles maybe, but I can't figure it out... is there any way to stop the little circles from being drawn around my toolbar buttons?

I'm creating them very simply:

Stream s2 = Assembly.GetCallingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("Images.Back.png");
            Texture te2 = new Texture();
            te2.LoadFromStream(s2, Silvermoon.OpenGL.Native.TextureFormat.Automatic);

ToolbarButton tbBack = new ToolbarButton(te2);
            tbBack.Tap +=new EventHandler<TapEventArgs>(tbBack_Click);

For the most part I don't mind, it looks quite nice, but on a couple of buttons where my image is circle-based anyway it looks a bit weird...!

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM
the toolbar doesn't require a ToolbarButton, so you can use any ButtonBase, e.g. ContentButton from which ToolbarButton is directly derived from, or you can set the Background of the toolbar button to EmptyShape.Instance.
Jul 15, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Ah, cool. Using a ContentButton, looks much nicer!

Also just sped up my app loads- I was creating the fonts I wanted within each screen (only a couple normally, large + small) and my screens took a good 4-5 seconds to open. I just put all fonts for the app into a static class and now my screens load instantly, didn't realise creating the fontsprite was so slow! Happy days... :)