How can I stop toolbar buttons from having a little circle around them...?

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I presume it's something to do with styles maybe, but I can't figure it out... is there any way to stop the little circles from being drawn around my toolbar buttons?

I'm creating them very simply:

Stream s2 = Assembly.GetCallingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("Images.Back.png");
            Texture te2 = new Texture();
            te2.LoadFromStream(s2, Silvermoon.OpenGL.Native.TextureFormat.Automatic);

ToolbarButton tbBack = new ToolbarButton(te2);
            tbBack.Tap +=new EventHandler<TapEventArgs>(tbBack_Click);

For the most part I don't mind, it looks quite nice, but on a couple of buttons where my image is circle-based anyway it looks a bit weird...!

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2010 at 10:31 PM
the toolbar doesn't require a ToolbarButton, so you can use any ButtonBase, e.g. ContentButton from which ToolbarButton is directly derived from, or you can set the Background of the toolbar button to EmptyShape.Instance.
Jul 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Ah, cool. Using a ContentButton, looks much nicer!

Also just sped up my app loads- I was creating the fonts I wanted within each screen (only a couple normally, large + small) and my screens took a good 4-5 seconds to open. I just put all fonts for the app into a static class and now my screens load instantly, didn't realise creating the fontsprite was so slow! Happy days... :)