Port Silvermoon to Desktop

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Hi Tom,

I was just wondering if it would be possible (not requesting it to be done by you, only thinking loud) to port Silvermoon to normal .NET using normal OpenGL, so one could write stunning fingerfriendly apps on e.g. Windows tablets using full speed CPUs and Graphics cards. You know your framework best, do you see any technical show stoppers if one would attempt something like this?

Another thing I also was implement it in python using PythonGL which would give one a platform independent powerfull framework to do  any kind of quick and easy fingerfriendly apps for netbooks, tablets and all sorts of devices.

Just dreaming along... :)

schaze

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 2:05 PM

that would be possible, but why not using WPF or silverlight? with .NET 4.0 it also supports multitouch and has a far better designer than silvermoon.

silvermoon can't compete with the convinience of silverlight, but I think that is is faster. I made a lot of tests to determine whether to use dependency properties, which have a lot of advantages, but they are also up to 70 times slower, which was the reason not to use it.