ListView problem with invisible items

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:22 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Hi Tom,

I took the last code check-in and built a ListView with some TitleDetailsImageItem. I am using an external input device, so I have to do something to bring the selected item into view. The BringIntoView method works well when going down in the list. But when I reach the end and the first item should be brought into view, it's not working. I know that the item is selected, because I have some other text that is related to the item displayed in a textbox below the ListView. The same problem occurs when going directly from the first item to the last item or when going up in the list and reaching the items not visible. A small example here: I've got 6 items in a ListView, but only 4 are visible at one time. So when I scroll down to the last item (the 6th), then go up to the 3rd everything is ok, because the items are visible. But when I scroll further to the 2nd item, it is not brought into view.

Is this a known issue or may it be that this is a problem in my code? I call BringIntoView in that way: itemView.Items[position].BringIntoView(true); where position is the zero-based index of the item I want to bring into view.

Cheers,

Jan

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2010 at 1:16 AM

thanks for the information. 

btw: unless the builds are not available as download or marked as new beta, they are still under development, so this code is not reliable and possibly full of bugs.

Such "discussions" are also better placed as "Issue Tracker" since than they also become work items and i can get them a status if they are resolved.

Aug 19, 2010 at 7:48 AM
Hi Tom, sorry for not posting this as an issue, but I am not so used to using such a development platform. I know that this code might be full of bugs, but I wanted to use the TitleDetailsImageItem, and so I had to switch to this code. Btw: I had the same issue with the old ListBox an a 'normal' item before switching! Thanks again for the great work you are doing and also for the support! Cheers, Jan
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM

that's okay, you're not the only one. I just wantet to hint you and many others who are making the same mistake that there is a dedicated place for.

ListBox is no longer supported since the new ListView together with the ListViewController is much more powerful. Both are still in development.

Thanx again.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Hi Tom,

I don't want to be impudent, but is it possible for you to work on this issue in this week? I have got a project which I would like to test at the end of the week or next week, and so I would be glad if this would be working in the way it is meant to in my opinion. Or is there another way to get the selected item into view?

Cheers,

Jan

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM

as you wish:

http://silvermoon.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/50726

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Hi Tom,

after realizing that I have to use BringItemIntoView when I don't have the item attached to the ListView, it works like a charm! Thanks again for the great work!

Some other thing was weird with the latest check-in: I had to put PickerMode.cs from an older check-in in the Controls/Picker folder, because it was missing in the whole namespace. Did you just miss to check this file in, or has this been intended the way it was?

Cheers,

Jan