some questions

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Edited Aug 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Hello Tom

I have some question about silvermoon framework.

1. which is the method to close a silvermoon application like your TEST demo?
    I saw that if i use arrow hardware button the application exit.
    I want instead to close application with a toolbar button or from a dialog.
  2. Is it possible to load an image from file system and not from resource?
    I have a lot of image but i don't want a big .exe file.
  3. I saw the tab example but i don't understand how to create for each tab a different content.
    Probably i have not understand well your code. I need to create an sms client as in windows phone 7.
  4. how can i launch a programs from a button tap? Which is the metodh?

best regards

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 11:08 PM
  1. It's still up to you. You can embed silvermoon in a windows form like before and catch the OnClosingEvent to abort the app to exit and/or redirect it. Silvermoon is still beta, so not everything is available right now. Even the keyboard is just a workarround and is going to be improved.
  2. Yes: Texture.LoadFromStream. Use a FileStream.
  3. In a view words: TabControls contains a collection of TabPages. Each TabPage has a Title and Container property. The Container is the control (panel) which is shown when this tab is selected.
  4. bing (or google) for "AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly" or "Assembly.LoadFrom, Assembly.GetType("name") and Activator.CreateInstance" both have their pros and cons.

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hello Tom

thank you for your answer.

one more thing. I'm experimenting a very strange thing on my HTC HD device.
If manila is tarted your silvermoon (your demo app) work very very fast , if i disable manila the silvermoon work as in emulator environment.
Did also you find this king of problem?

regards

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Hello tom

i have tryed to load image from stream but does not work for me.
I have used this code. Without Try sentence i got an error message "NullReferenceException" with try sentence the image is not loaded.
In debug mode file is found and the stream is not null, so really i don't know why does not work.
have you any kind of idea.

using (FileStream s = new FileStream(path + "\\Images\\" + ImageName, FileMode.Open))
{
 try

{
Image.LoadFromStream(s,TextureFormat.RGB565);

}
catch

{
}}

thank for your excellent work

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Tom

can you check your keyboard, it does not work well as before. Now the baloon letter is display at the top og window area.

regards