HTC touch pro 2

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Would this work well on HTC touch Pro 2?

What kind of hardware/driver is required for hardware acceleration?

Is there a way to detect hardware acceleration hardware programmatically?

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Hello,

well I don't have a htc touch pro 2 where I can test it, but according to this reply:

http://silvermoon.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=69839

I assume that is likley to work either. At least I hope so. The simplest way to find out is to copy the demo on your phone and try to start it.

The requirements for sivermoon are  hardware support for OpenGL 1.1 and a libGLES_CM.dll that supports hardware acceleration. For this beta it's also recommended that the device has 192dpi. It works also with 96dpi (240x320 pixel) but the images for the controls are only designed for higher resolution.

I don't know how you can detect hardware acceleration programmatically, maybe there is a tool.

Sep 23, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I tried the demo and it works very well on my HTC touch pro 2 very well. (I have the Sprint CDMA version)

I have been trying to learn OpenGL for a long time and just been too lazy to put the effort into it.

Thanks you for sharing this wonderful project.

Haven't been excited about programming on WM for a while now.

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:40 AM
alemiser wrote:

I tried the demo and it works very well on my HTC touch pro 2 very well. (I have the Sprint CDMA version)

I have been trying to learn OpenGL for a long time and just been too lazy to put the effort into it.

Thanks you for sharing this wonderful project.

Haven't been excited about programming on WM for a while now.

Does Sprint use Manilla 3D in their HTC TP2?

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Yes Manilla 3D 2.1 is in the Sprint TP2 stock ROM.