Demo Hangs

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Hi,

First of all, I am extremely impressed by your work on this project.
I have not seen many UI toolkits for Windows Mobile that look this good.

I copied over the release bin directory to my Verizon Touch Pro2 and ran FileExplorer.exe.
It works, however whenever I side scroll the items in LenseView a few times it hangs.
At this point, I have to turn the device off as it becomes unusable.
Is this a bug or is it just my device?

Thanks and keep up the good work,
ltctech

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Thank's for your report.

Unfortunately I cannot recreate that issue. However I designed Silvermoon to recover the device from any uncought exception. This is extremley necassary otherwide any exception no matter if caused by silvermoon or the app itself, would require a reset of the device.
You can try out the next beta a soon as available (and this will be soon!) maybe this problem is fixed since I enhanced the LenseView.

If there is someone who is expieriencing the same problem I would appreceate to report this and also if other users of Verizon Touch Pro2 do not have that described problem.

Thanks in advance

Oct 31, 2009 at 7:03 AM

I can confirm on my tilt 2 ( Touch Pro 2) crashes are NOT handled gracefully. The app I made with the API hangs and never exits, making the device unusable (must soft-reset) And when/if the file explorer program crashes it takes the whole system as well. I suspect that it it tied to manilla 3d  running in the background and the open GL somehow not being released... With Manilla disabled the crashes seem less often and recoverable...

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:39 AM

Any more updates on the crashes in Tilt2? As a Tilt2 owner, I was excited to read about this library but now I'm not so sure...