This project is read-only.

How to connect opengl es to Hardware Acceleration Layer.

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

To Tom:

It is really a problem for me.

My device support Hardware acceleration, but i can't  find libGLES_CM.dll, so i put the .dll in "\windows" dir.  However,  program excuted slowly and seems that it didn't make use of hardware acceleration. I've ask someone who tell me that there are also some interface between HAL and driver layer. So, i must program for them! In face, i don't really make sense what he said.

I run your program in my Sony Ericsson X1 that runs exactly well, while it runs slowly in my 240*400 device in a scaled area 120*200.

Can you give me some opinions??

Thanks in advance!

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:26 AM

As far as I know, the manufacturer of the device is responsible to implement or provide a hardware accelerated libGLES_CM.dll, but since windows mobile 6.x does not require any, this is not mandantory. Maybe they support directX but in most cases it's vice versa. for instance, the X1 has obivousely not implemented directX correctly, since the display is always upside down and does not support landscape mode.

maybe you can use a comptabile libGLES_CM.dll from another device that has the same hardware, but I don't know if this is legal.

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:20 AM

To Tom:

Thanks for your reply!

I use libGLES_CM.dll you provided, but i seems work slowly!

So, it's heart-struck to me! 

Any help?

It seems that Resco File Explorer  runs without opengl es. However, it run fast even when open "\windows" dir while this for 7-8 seconds. 

Wait for your reply!

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Listen:

Resco Explorer has good but not complex graphics - moving elements are simple text and lines - no blending or effects - so they can implement it without opengl_es - you can try their's components http://www.resco.net/developer/mobileformstoolkit/overview.aspx

What device do you use? I can send you mine libgles_cm from HTC MAX (it's different from the one that Tom placed in Demo - sufficiently larger)

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:05 AM
Hi, vansickle

Thanks for your reply!

I use sony ericsson x1 that support opengles 1.0, and i can find libgles_cm.dll inside.
But i am now developping a shell ui in another device that i can find ddraw.dll supporting hardware accelerator. However, i can't find libgles_cm.dll. And when i test a openlges demo without copy libgles_cm.dll into my device, it crashed. So i got that it maybe not support opengl es. Why that? How to make sure whether a cellphone support opengl es? I know opengl es provide some functional interface to get the vendor and the version of opengl es.

Can you send me a copy of libgles_cm.dll to my mail. It's lisencool@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

From Listen Li

2009/12/6 vansickle <notifications@codeplex.com>

Listen:

Resco Explorer has good but not complex graphics - moving elements are simple text and lines - no blending or effects - so they can implement it without opengl_es - you can try their's components http://www.resco.net/developer/mobileformstoolkit/overview.aspx

What device do you use? I can send you mine libgles_cm from HTC MAX (it's different from the one that Tom placed in Demo - sufficiently larger)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (silvermoon@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email silvermoon@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
贝贝专属御前护卫!
Dec 6, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Hi, Listen

I just sent you my libgles_cm.dll to lisencool@gmail.com